Take Your Efficiency up a Notch with a New Heat Pump from Watts
Looking for an environmentally-friendly and efficient way to heat and cool your home? You may want to consider a heat pump installation.
A heat pump looks similar to an air conditioner and acts just like one during the summer when you need to cool your home. However, when cooler weather hits northwestern Oregon, a heat pump reverses the cooling process to heat your home comfortably. This is done by extracting heat energy from the air outside and using it to warm the air inside. And, because they are so efficient, heat pumps can save you money on your utility bill, as well.
Is a Heat Pump Right for My Home?
Unlike more traditional systems, which require burning costly fuel sources like wood or propane, heat pumps work simply by transferring heat energy from place to place. If you’re considering a heat pump, there are a few factors to think about:
- Climate: A heat pump is a great option for both heating and cooling in mild climates like Portland. But for locations where winter temperatures regularly dip well below freezing, a heat pump may not be able to keep up with the heating demand.
- House Size: A heat pump has benefits for an apartment or a smaller home because it doesn’t require a lot of space. Many heat pumps are also ductless, so they can also be a great option if you live in a home without an existing duct system.
- Maintenance: A heat pump is a complex piece of equipment, and it will need to be maintained regularly. If you are willing to keep up with biannual maintenance for your heat pump, you’ll get many years out of your system.
Overall, heat pumps are gaining popularity for their energy efficiency and cost savings. Contact Watts today for a quote on one of our heat pumps and see how much you can save on your energy bill.
Watts Heating and Cooling offers experienced consultations and installation services for all of your HVAC needs. If you’re interested in heat pump installation for your home, reach out to our home team HVAC experts to find out more!
Why Choose Watts for your Heat Pump Installation
Choosing the right system and installing it properly is a job best left to the pros. Our highly trained technicians can help you determine the best heat pump for your home, and provide expert—and guaranteed—installation. This is especially important because the quality of installation can determine the efficiency and performance of your system for years to come.
Choose Watts Heating and Cooling for your heat pump installation. We provide:
- Free in-home consultation with one of our HVAC specialists
- Proper sizing of the equipment to meet the unique needs of your home
- Convenient financing options with approved credit
- Full factory warranties on all equipment and labor